Thursday, September 17, 2009

Feed your soul!


A recent conversation with a dear friend led us both to really think about what feeds our soul. I suppose that for some it is Bible Study, or family visits, or words of encouragement, or good ole chocolate, or a favorite activity. For me, it is a complicated combination of all of the above. I firmly believe that you must make time for this "feeding" for yourself. No one else will do it for you.


Since it has been raining here for a few days and I am avoiding cleaning up my garden anyway, I have taken advantage of this time to play, i. e. "feed my soul." Here is a photo of what came out of it. It is composed of 340 hand cut pieces of paper in a collage featuring a quilt pattern called "Churn Dash." After some thought, it seems to me that we all have a unique turmoil in our lives of some sort (as in caught up in a churn dash) and when it comes right down to it we must "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will given to you as well." Matt. 6:33


I hope to bless my newlywed daughter with this piece, maybe to remind them to seek our Father first.


No comments:

Post a Comment