Friday, April 23, 2010

Patience


I enjoyed a lovely Saturday morning exploring a local farm, especially their wildflowers. I took this photo of a stump that had been turned upside down because it looks very "artistic". Sometimes just looking at something, or a situation, or another person, from a different angle will help us see their beauty. Often we don't have the luxury of time to learn about the roots of the situation or how we got to this point. We need to exercise patience to really love that person. I know that I rarely have any idea what made that clerk rude or that speeding car cut me off or the string of events that led to such a snarky comment. When we remember that our Creator has such patience with us and all our missteps, it is only fair to pass this grace on to others. Patience is loving the unlovely, again and again.
Blessings
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Good point! The upside tree root is marvelous!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have received a "beautiful blog (and blogger) award!" A little cheesy, I know, but I couldn't resist! Love you!

    http://artsyfartsyshopaholic.blogspot.com/2010/04/beautiful-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete