Friday, April 15, 2011

Present for Baby Girl

I have been wanting to make some baby shoes for ages.  At last someone in my circle is having a baby girl and this is the set I came up with.  I had a pattern for the shoes.  They are lined with regular felt.  The pattern called for wool felt but there was no white available.  Anyway, I came up with a ribbon embellishment in lieu of buttons (choking hazard).  The onesie is a $2 purchase at Walmart, embellished with a ruffle "skirt", embroidery and another ribbon flower.  I had such fun and so many more ideas for this personalized baby gift. 
Ah, someday I will be a fun Grandma...not too soon though!
Blessings,
 

1 comment:

  1. Kelley~
    Cute little onsie- skirt...and those shoes! That turned out so cute.
    I recently acquired some things from my MIL house and inside a truck (my Honey built in highschool) were several pairs of shoes, one pair was for a girl and they were lined with wool or felt...they are quite worn.
    These that you made will be keepsakes for sure! I hope your friend appreciates everything you put into them.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete