Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Words through a whatever filter

You have probably heard the analogy that words are like toothpaste...once spoken you can not take them back anymore than you can get the toothpaste back in the tube. How many times have I said something and then thought about what the impact of the words would be? I find that I must daily pray for help in guarding my tongue and that my words would cause no harm.

"For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." Matt 12:34 So, I am searching my heart. If I think on things, it will eventually effect my emotions. My actions are usually the result of emotions. A good place to start in clearing up the sludge would be my thought life.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." Phil 4:8
So, bring on more "whatever"!
Blessings

2 comments:

  1. Love the GWTW quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that book mark is coming in handy for this "whatever" project! I love you Mom, see you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete